A couple of weeks ago I was at a friends house and she served some delicious Portuguese dish for dinner: Bacalhau com Nata (Cod with Cream). Even though I have eaten plenty of Portuguese dishes this was new to me and I really enjoyed it. My friend did not make it, she had ordered it from Maria’s Place. They sell Portuguese specialties in Amsterdam at the Lindengracht Markt or by order.
This Saturday I went to the market to pick up my order and we had a lovely meal that afternoon. Besides the Bacalhau com Natas, I also ordered Bolinhos de Bacalhau (and even Lara ate them) and for dessert typical Portuguese sweets: Pasteis de Nata. Delicious!
♫ Agua de Annique – Sunken Soldiers Ball ♫
In the 11 consecutive years I lived in Brazil, I always dreamed of coming back to Amsterdam. Now I’m here for 4 years and I’m always nostalgic about Brazil and keep thinking about all the good things. Both times I went back to Brazil, I returned thinking Amsterdam is awesome. But soon after, reality kicks in and the nostalgia begins all over again. Why can’t I be happy in the place I am? Human beings are so complicated (or maybe it’s just me). So, I made a little list os some of the things I love about Amsterdam. Thinking positive! 😉
– hundreds of concerts every year.
– many art exhibitions, for all tastes.
– everything is close by, you can cycle everywhere.
– and if lazyness kicks in, public transport is great, efficient and safe.
– if you don’t speak Dutchs it won’t be a problem, everyone speaks English. Even the baker.
– a billion bars and cafes, almost all cornes have one.
– beautiful people.
There is more but this is all for today.